Thursday, January 6, 2011

Slow Cooking CHICKEN WINGS!!!!

Ok. So in an effort to reduce some cost and SSSTTTTTRRREEEETTTTCHHH  that money I spend on meat (I SO need to go back to being vegan, ug!) I purchased a Slow Cooker with my Target Gift card that I got for Hannukah from my parents. I bought a 6-qt Hamilton Beach 33966 Set 'n Forget 6-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker since we have a BIG family. The Programing was a must for me and the Probe for the meat was the decision breaker. I made chicken in the oven one time and a tummy ache later, think I undercooked it. For my FIRST meal, I made Easy Honey BBQ Wings...here is the recpie.
1-large jar of Fry's honey bbq sauce
3-lbs or more chicken wings
1 cup water

Directions: Cut wing tips and and joints to seperate wings. (So one wing will yeld two "wings" similar to what you get in the restraunts.) Place in crockpot. Pour entire bottle of bbq sauce and a cup of water in crockpot. Mix to cover.Cook on Low for 5-6hrs.

The kids LOVED them!!! I only did it for 5hrs, which was good becuase the meat was falling off the bone but that is what the kids loved about these wings. They were juicy and sweet! YUM! 
So far this was a nice introduction to slow cooking. 
Cheers! 
~Gin 

No comments:

Post a Comment