Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Recontructed T-shirts and Crooked Crochet!


So if you remember I got the Generation T  book and my daughter, Amie, was willing to try some items out. We only really got to one The first thing we did was a bit of dying some things to what we thought was black, but they ended up coming out a sort of purplish gray??? In either case, the results of the new dye jobs that came out were really kewl...I'm sorry. But I don't have any "before" pics only the resulting piece...In this shirt was a bit stained down the front so we dyed it that "black". I cut the neck off and the arms and hemmed all the edges so they were smoother and not jagged. (I've posted picures but if your reading this via Facebook you will need to click the hyperlink that allows you to see the orginal blog to see the photos, i think) So I took a pic of the after project. Front and back. We left the arms the orginal color since they were still rather white.



I rather like how it turned out and Amie even wore it to school. I think we will try some more ideas when we get the chance.

I'm very disapointed in the Crochet CalenderCrochet: 2011 Day-to-Day Calendar that I got. Although I'm not able to get the same yarn on some of the projects I am able to fudge most of them. However, some projects required some highly specialized yarn that I was only able to get from Italy, they do not ship to the US, AND its discontinued. How annoying. I did manage to make the first scarf. It wanted me to use a speclized metlic yarn but I was unable to find anything that would subsistute it so I just got something made with similar materials and the same yarn weight.  What came out was a the green keyhole scarf you see. The reason they call it a keyhole scarf is because it criss crosses through the hole in the middle of the scarf. Its suppose to be alot longer, but I'm not a huge fan of overly long scarfs. Plus, if I was to spread this out you could see the hour glass wobbly effect i had from lack of straight lines. SOmething I feared if I kept at doing crochet by hand. What I think I might do then is stick to my looms and convert the projects with the loom. I might redo this same pattern but with the loom this next time. Right now though, I recently received my sock loom and I'm already starting on learning how to do my socks. I'm following the directins from Isela Phelps  Loom Knitting Socks book as I got one of her families EFG Wonderlooms at DaLooms. I will post pics when I'm done.

This will be a busy month for me with school starting and with all the projects I plan to do to keep me busy. At least I should have plenty of "homemade" presents to give out. :)

Until then!
Cheers!
~Gin

No comments:

Post a Comment